Friday, February 7, 2014

Things to do for 2014


I don't believe in goals as stated in by other blog journal entry Goal Are Stupid however I do think you should always improve yourself and have a theme like "I want to learn how to speak klingon". Anyway here are some of my themes for 2014.

1. I want to make myself a better man.

Started my degrees in Freemasonry. I need to finish this by the end of the year. For each degree there is a proficiency exam and I am currently studying the Entered Apprentice one, after completion and testing I will be able to advance to Fellow Craft. Once completed I will continue on to the Master Mason Degree.

2. I want to learn conversational Spanish.

Got the Pimsleur intro to Spanish audio files to listen while driving. Learning a Language is difficult because it is very taxing. It really takes a lot of concentration. I plan on at least knowing and having a few conversations by the end of the year.

3. I want to give more to charity.

For this I am working through my Freemasonry to work with the St Baldricks charity and with any brother in distress.

4. I want to learn how to use my new camera without it being on Auto.

I might try to take a class or do some online research. I am really trying to take my camera with me more and see what I can do.

5. Finally I want to get back to nature more.

This means Hiking and Camping are on my radar this year, I plan to have to get a new tent by Christmas.

What are your themes this year? Please post them below.

No comments:

Post a Comment